News

Kitchen fire causes evacuation of Fraser of Allander

Credit: David McKay

A fire caused the evacuation of Fraser of Allander this evening.

Students were evacuated from the building, with the cause being put down to a small kitchen fire.

One source told Brig it was due to burnt pasta, which a student failed to deal with safely.

The students all managed to quickly and safely evacuate and gathered in the cafe in Willow Court while they waited for the all clear to renter

Two fire engines and a number of firefighters arrived at the residence at roughly 8.05 pm, and are reported to have tackled the fire within minutes.

They then went on to clear the rest of the building, with students being cleared to reenter the building at approximately 8.19 pm.

There are no reports of any injuries in the incident. More information will be provided as and when we receive it.

Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s