The Covid Curse has struck! Café pumpkin spice lattes and creepy cocktails at the club have been swept away, but there’s nothing stopping you brewing up these toothsome Halloween recipes at home.
With few ingredients and a simple step-by-step guide you’ll be surprising your family or flatmates with your terrifyingly terrific baking skills in no time.
Pumpkin Banana Bread by Chocolate Covered Katie
Many of us spent lockdown baking banana bread, so why not put a Halloween twist on it?
Ingredients (12-16 slices):
- 240g of plain flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 360g of mashed overripe banana
- 120g of pumpkin puree
- 120ml of maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 80ml of preferred milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease loaf tin (9 x 5).
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, and in a separate bowl whisk the liquids. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until it forms a batter.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, but leave tin in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve!
Jack Skellington Oreo Pops by Delish
‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ proves controversial. Is it for Christmas or Halloween? However, there’s no debate on how great this recipe tastes.
Ingredients (12 servings):
- 12 oreos
- 320g of white chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp of coconut oil
- Black icing
- 12 lollipop sticks (or alternatives)
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Stick the lollipop sticks into the cream of the oreos.
- Mix the coconut oil into white chocolate and dip Oreos into chocolate until completely coated.
- Place in fridge to harden (5-10 minutes).
- Using the icing, draw Jack’s face onto them, and enjoy!
Butterbeer Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
Following TikTok’s growing obsession with Harry Potter POV’S, this recipe is sure to make you feel like you’re spending Halloween in Hogsmeade!
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 180ml of cream soda
- 60ml of vanilla vodka
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (to top)
- Combine the cream soda, vanilla vodka, and vanilla extract.
- Squirt the whipped cream on top.
- (Yes, this recipe is really that simple.)
Now it’s time to grab your horror movie and hide behind a cushion as you enjoy your spooktacular treats!
Featured image credit: BBC Food
You must log in to post a comment.