Gingerbread men are an essential part of Christmas. Little ginger-flavoured biscuit men – or any shape you desire – that are decorated with buttons and eyes.
Recipe credit: Be-Ro Book
-300g self-raising flour
-pinch of salt
-3 teaspoons of ground ginger
-100g caster sugar
-3 tablespoons of golden syrup
-4 tablespoons of milk
1) Preheat your oven to 160°C/Gas Mark 3/Fan
2) Mix your flour, salt and ginger in a large bowl.
3) Place your sugar, margarine and syrup into a pan. Warm together over a low heat.
4) Combine your wet and dry mixture.
5) Add your milk and mix to a firm consistency. Knead lightly with hands.
6) Roll out your mixture on a floured surface. Use your cutter to cut out gingerbread men and place them on a baking tray.
7) Bake for 10-15 minutes.
8) Allow to cool slightly before moving to a wire rack. They will fall apart if you don’t allow them to harden first.
9) Decorate however you like.
Feature image credit: Joys of Baking
You must log in to post a comment.