Combine marshmallows and cupcakes for the perfect festive treat with these three designs. Topped with glace icing, they’re fun and simple to make. All you need are marshmallows, sweets, icing pens and cupcakes.
- 220g caster sugar
- 220g margarine
- 4 eggs
- 220g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Icing pens
- Large marshmallows
- Small marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Line two 12-hole muffin tins with cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl, cream your margarine and sugar together. It should turn pale and fluffy.
- Beat each egg into the mixture one at a time alongside the vanilla extract.
- Sieve your flour into the mixture a little at a time and fold it in.
- Add a little milk until the cake mixture drops off the spoon.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the cases, around halfway full.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Once ready, they will turn golden on top. To check you can insert a skewer and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Sieve all of your icing sugar into a large bowl.
- Gradually add the water until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Spread it on your cakes.
These cute polar bears consist of one large white marshmallow and three mini ones.
- Use the large one as the head and stick it onto the iced cupcake.
- With some of your glace icing, stick the mini marshmallows on as ears.
- Cut the third mini one in half and stick it on as a nose.
- With your icing pens, draw small dots for eyes and a small circle for the nose.
These Santa cupcakes are as simple as sticking sweets on a cupcake.
- Place red smarties/M&Ms at the top of the iced cupcake.
- Underneath, line small white marshmallows on their sides for hat fluff.
- Add more at the bottom of the cupcake for a beard.
- Add a red nose and two brown eyes with your sweets.
These adorable snowmen require a little drawing, but are still very simple.
- Stick a large white marshmallow onto the iced cupcake.
- Once the icing is dry, with your icing pen add buttons, arms and facial features.
- Cut an orange M&M/Smartie in half and use glace icing to stick it on as a nose.
You must log in to post a comment.