This extremely simple recipe only requires 5 ingredients so is perfect for a student budget! They are also a great alternative for students who are trying to make healthier choices.
If you substitute the honey for golden syrup and pick up some vegan chocolate chips it can easily be vegan friendly!
Ingredients: (this should make 4-6 muffins , depending how much you fill the cases)
- 2 bananas
- 80g oats
- 3 tsps honey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dark chocolate chips
- Option: you can also add a tbsp of peanut butter for a slightly different taste!
- Muffin/ cupcake cases
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160 Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Add all the ingredients, minus the chocolate chips, into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place some of the chocolate chips into your cupcake cases and then top with your blended mixture.
- Add a couple more chips onto the top and then place onto a baking tray and into the oven for 20 minutes. (Tip: I check on the muffins around the 15 minute mark as smaller muffins tend to need a little less than the 20 minutes to ensure the top does not burn)
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and enjoy! (I prefer them warm, however once cooled and even the next day still taste amazing!)
I experimented with the ratios with this recipe, using less of the wet ingredients and more of the oats, which still worked however I found the muffins a little dry.
Feel free to swap out the chocolate chips for raisins for an even healthier muffin that still tastes amazing!
Featured image credit: Lifemadesimplebakes