Stirling Council are delivering on their promise of free admission to The National Wallace Monument for its residents.
Locals must provide proof of address to claim entry, with the offer running for the remainder of 2021.
It comes after Councillor Alison Laurie said last year the council were committed to “safeguarding the position of one of Stirling’s primary tourist attractions.
The Monument returned to full council ownership last November followed the conclusion of a 25-year lease.
The structure – set to open when coronavirus restrictions ease further on April 26 – was beamed across the world when hosting a live fireworks display as part of BBC Scotland’s Hogmanay show.
Six free admissions spots will be made available every hour during opening times, and current government guidelines must also be adhered to.
Stirling Council Senior Manager for Economic Development & Communities, Stuart Oliver, said: “The National Wallace Monument returned to Stirling Council control last year and, as a thank you and gift to our residents for their efforts and sacrifice over the past 12 months, we are offering them admission to one of Stirling’s premier tourist attractions free of charge.
“Whether they are visiting for the first time, or maybe taking the opportunity to rediscover this treasured local asset, there is so much to see and do at a structure that brings a sense of pride to the whole area.
“I encourage all residents to take up this fantastic opportunity to visit one of Scotland’s iconic landmarks, especially at a time when day trips and visits to attractions may remain a financial challenge for many.”
Feature image credit: Stirling Council