Cosy up on the long dark winter nights with this quick and customisable tomato soup for two. Warm crusty bread, butter and cheese is the perfect company for this simple soup. Just like Adam Driver says in the meme from HBO’s Girls, it will be “good soup”.
· 1 medium-sized onion, diced
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1tbsp olive oil
· 1 tin chopped tomatoes
· 500ml vegetable stock
· Your favourite herbs and spices! I would recommend basil and/or chilli flakes
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly fry the onions and garlic in the oil in a medium-sized saucepan until they are translucent, or for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Add seasonings of your choice and blend with a food processor until smooth. Serve with warm crusty bread and cheese. Enjoy!
Feature image credit: Screen Rant