Baked camembert is the TikTok trend you need to try this Christmas. The gooey cheese is perfect for sharing and easy to make. There are even vegan versions available in supermarkets, so this is a treat for everyone. Here are three ways to enjoy.
Toast your bread and cook your camembert in one, with this bread boat. Tear off the bread, dip, and enjoy!
- Loaf of bread (crusty or tiger works best)
- Fresh rosemary
- Garlic gloves
- Chilli flakes
- Cut a hole in your bread the size of your camembert. Put the cheese in the loaf.
- Score the cheese and add oil. Put rosemary and garlic in the cheese scores.
- Slice the bread at the end. Put in the oven for 20 minutes at 160°C/gas mark 3/140°C fan.
- Remove from the oven once cooked, peel back the top and remove herbs and garlic.
- Dip the bread in the cheese and enjoy!
Pesto and Pastry
Tear and share pesto puff pastry dipped in delicious camembert.
- Puff pastry (two sheets)
- 3 tbsp green pesto
- One handful of grated cheese
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- One egg (beaten)
- Cut your pastry sheets into circles. Place your camembert in the middle and spread pesto around the rest of the pastry. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the pesto.
- Layer the second pastry sheet over the top. Use a fork to press the edges together.
- Cut the edges into strips and twist.
- Brush the pastry with your egg and sprinkle seeds over it.
- Bake at 180°C/gas mark 4/160°C fan for 15 minutes until golden brown. Cut the top off the camembert and enjoy!
Honey and Garlic Baked Camembert
Keep it simple and bake the camembert with seasonings. Pair with bread or breadsticks for dipping.
- One crushed garlic clove
- Chilli flakes
- 5 sprigs of rosemary
- 1tbsp honey
- Remove the camembert from the packaging and score it into crosses.
- Return the camembert to the packaging and add your garlic. Sprinkle over the salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Add your twigs of rosemary into the slits and drizzle the honey over the top.
- Bake at 200°C/gas mark 6/180°C fan for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary before serving and enjoy!
Feature image credit: Recipepes