Getting your nails done for the first time can be daunting. After wanting to try it out for a few months, I finally took the plunge just before Christmas and got acrylic extensions. It was an interesting experience, and I learned a lot. Getting your nails done can be fun and pampering for anyone, regardless of your gender or sexuality. Cute nails are for everyone! So, here’s BRAW’s must-know guide for your trip to the salon.
- Do your research beforehand. Check if the place you’re going to has good reviews and scope out their social media. Do you like the sorts of designs they post?
- Check out designs online (I would recommend Pinterest). Save the ones you like the best.
- Before you set foot in the salon, have a clear idea of what you want in your mind. Decide on shape, length, colour, and any extra details you may want.
- Make sure to have some cash on you as some salons don’t have card machines.
- Be prepared to wait if the salon is walk-in only.
- Show pictures of what you want and don’t be afraid to speak up if you’re unhappy with how something looks.
- Be patient and kind with the staff like you would anywhere else.
- Moisturise your hands often and even invest in some cuticle oil to help keep your nails extra strong.
- When it comes time for removal, there are a few options available to you. First, you could go back to the salon and pay to get them removed (or replace them with a new set). Or you can do it at home buy soaking them in acetone. I personally bit them off because I got frustrated after a few weeks and refused to spend more money (I do not recommend this method at all).
Overall, it’s a relaxing way to treat yourself and a fun way of expressing your personal style.
Feature image credit: RODNAE Productions on Pexels.com