The University of Stirling Student’ Union has announced the launch of their Recognising Achievment in Teaching Excellence (RATE) Awards and nominations are now open.
Students can nominate staff members, university services, faculty officers, and programme, module and year reps until Friday 18 March when nominations will close.
The RATE awards depend entirley on student nominations and gives them the opportunity to be co-creators in ther learning and teaching experience.
Rosamund Vickers, The Democracy and Representation Coordinator at the university told Brig:
“The RATE Awards have been running for 12 years now, providing students with an opportunity to celebrate staff within the University of Stirling who have helped improved their student experience. Originally created to celebrate the great work of academic staff, it was expanded to include non-academic staff, Faculty Officers, and student academic representatives.
The RATE Awards are so important as they not only recognise and reward the amazing work of these individuals, but also through our RATE Reports we can gather insight into what students believe makes a great staff member at Stirling thereby helping to improve the student experience at the University.”
The Award Categories 2022 are:
- Student Services of the year
- Innovation in blended learning
- Module/programme rep of the year
- Faculty Officer of the year
- Best Tutor Award
- Fantastic Feedback Award
- Research Postgraduate Supervisor of the Year Award
- Innovation in Postgraduate Teaching Award
- Outstanding Admin Award
- Excellence in Teaching in the Stirling Management School
- Excellence in Teaching in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Excellence in Teaching in the Faculty of Social Sciences
- Excellence in Teaching in the Faculty of Health Sciences & Sport
- Excellence in Teaching in the Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Excellence in Teaching in INTO
- Outstanding Support Award
- Dedication to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Dedication to Sustainability
- Dedication to Accessibility and Inclusion in Blended Learning
As well as the above awards which individuals can be nominated for, there are two more Awards which are awarded directly by the Student’ Union:
- Kate Howie Lifetime Achievement Award
- VP Education’s Award for Outstanding Contribution to Academic Education
Don’t miss the chance to have your say – Nominate now: RATE – The University of Stirling
Feature image credit: stirlingstudentunion.com