The University of Stirling has announced that all teaching activity will be paused on September 19th, the date of the Queen’s funeral.
The university has said that changes to timetables will be confirmed by 5pm on September 16.
The funeral will be televised and it has been confirmed that the university and the students union will show coverage of the funeral on that day including in the atrium.
The University will remain open with services in support of students available on the day, including:
• Student Services Hub (normal operating times)
• Library (8am – 8pm)
• Sports Centre (open 6am – 10pm, however, closed between 10am and 2pm)
• Scran, Nourish, Refresh and Stirling Court Hotel will also be open
• Co-op (normal operating times, however, will be closed during the funeral service)
• Students’ Union’s Studio and Underground areas will be open (the Union Shop, the Green & Blue Space and other Union services will be closed).
The Queen died on September 8th after more than 70 years as the reigning monarch.
During her reign, the Queen visited the university, including the signing of the University of Stirling’s Royal Charter in 1967, which founded the Stirling Students Union.
Her Majesty also opened Queen’s court on campus in October 1972.
Feature image credit: University of Stirling